ADA NSW members are known to have interesting and exciting ideas and Branch committees allow those ideas to be aired and discussed. Many of our Branch initiatives are a consequence of active and vibrant committee contributions. Through participation in committees, individual members can influence key issues that impact on our profession and our commitment to oral health.
Members are strongly encouraged to help shape the direction of the Branch and contribute to the advancement of
the profession through voluntary service on one of the following ADA NSW committees:
Chair: Kathleen Matthews
Deputy Chair: Catherine-Anne Walsh
Committee Members: Clive Wright, Murray Thomas, Brendan White, Paul Beath, Alex Holden, David Moffet, David Pilgrim, Jodie Olivier, Joe Wang, Alex Abrahams, Caroline Nguyen, Tony Skapetis.
This committee has the remit to increase the Association’s influence with government and the general public. This includes responding to requests for comment and developing policy on state-based issues.
Audit and Risk Committee
Chair: Neil Peppitt
Deputy Chair: Patrick Meaney
Committee Members: Shane Fryer, Chris Wilson, Catherine-Anne Walsh, Scott Davis.
Corporate Governance Committee
Chair: Chris Wilson
Deputy Chair: Neil Peppitt
Committee Members: Patrick Meaney, Kathleen Matthews, Tim McAnulty, David Ager, Catherine-Anne Walsh.
Education and Research Committee
Chair: Dominic Aouad
Deputy Chair: Michael Jonas
Committee Members: Tony Burges, Caroline Nguyen, Rajiv Verma, Tony Skapetis, David Pilgrim, Gilbert Labour, Jodie Olivier, Matthew Cohen.
This committee aims to support members by providing education, advice and guidance on contemporary best practice. Broadly, this committee:
- develops and oversees leading education/CPD programs (online and in person)
- liaises with NSW universities
- considers requests for research support
- review requests for information.
Executive Renumeration Committee
Honours and Awards Committee
Chris Wilson, Anthony J Burges, Carmelo Bonanno.
Sabrina Manickam, Scott Davis, Catherine-Anne Walsh.
Ron Heinrich AM
Professional Support Committee
Chair: Scott Davis
Deputy Chair: Kate Amos
Committee Members: Kathleen Matthews, Benjamin Lee, Patrick Meaney, Aditi Khamar, Alex Holden, David Moffet, Ivor Epstein, Tim McAnulty, Tony Skapetis, Matthew Cohen.
This committee is an evolution of the Dental Practice Committee and is responsible for supporting all members, independent of how they practice or how they are employed. Broadly, this committee:
- supports members to be the best dentists
- informs and is a point of contact for the management services of member information and advisory services, including legal, HR and business development
- reviews the Branch professional indemnity insurance arrangements on an ongoing basis.
Recent Graduates Committee
Archi Shah, Janice Poon, Jodie Olivier, Krishan Karthikeyan, Peter Luu, Melanie Patney, Jessica Zachar, Sushma Gopalakrishnan, Rohan Krishnan, Jessica Smith, Chintan Trivedi, David Stuhmcke, Gabrielle Hunt.
The main aim of the Recent Graduate Committee is to assist new graduates and undergraduates in their transition to and understanding of professional life. This aim includes but is not limited to:
• promoting the the value of ADA and being an ADA member to recent graduates
• promoting (and creating) networking opportunities to allow recent graduates to network with other dentists and for continuing education
• assisting ADA NSW in maintaining relevance to recent graduates
• providing resources for dentists employing new graduates that will help to mentor and facilitate learning
• promoting recommendations to ADA NSW Council for matters related to recent graduates.
Sports and Social Committee
Ernest Chan, Alle Hernandez.
This committee considers opportunities in sport, the arts and culture for members to experience collegial connection and oversees the organisation of such events.
The schedules for committee meetings vary depending on the committee terms of reference. Some meet on a quarterly basis while others meet only as required such as when a specific issue arises that requires their consultation.
If you wish to forward a query directly on to a committee, please submit your details below.
Contact a committee